DIY Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do It Yourself Performance Car Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boona575

boona575

shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! Empty
PostSubject: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:37 am

ok probably just been daft here, got the track 2.8 beemer
got a polo daily, use of company mazda and van..........but

been looking at e38 seven series!!!

either a 2.8, 3.5 V8 or THE 4.4 V8!.

these are as cheap as they will get right now,

fully loaded with leather electric heated memory seats, cruise, sat nav, built in phone, disc changers, electric everything........ i think they look mafia style cool with some big rims and tints.

the 4.4 V8 has over 300bhp too!! please tell me am being a tool and i dont need one but fuck the carbon footprint seriously i love 20mpg shit!

if no one persuades me otherwise check out the gangster barge at the next meet! lol
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Trouble is, there cool but useless, I don't no much about them but if they were big power with good handeling then everyone would have one, up to you mate but I'd just stick with your beemer atm
Back to top Go down
boona575

boona575

PostSubject: Re: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:11 am

its not for going fast although there not slow, it is a beemer, reason people dont buy em is there were 50k new and drink fuel, i need something to take my baby girl in as the polo is 3 door, the 3 series has buckets, am not selling either just want a big, safe, tricked up tank for the family!!!

the 4.4 V8 has 300bhp and 310 ft/lb of torque! 60mph comes in around 6.5 seconds and top speed when de-restricted is 175mph!!! that berry is not slow, but i dont want one for that reason i just want a cool comfy cruiser thats a bmw.

well i will keep my eyes open, mind change my mind yet and just take the boss 5 series of him instead. nice motor just no leather n half of toys a 7 has got
Back to top Go down
Jaz1889
Admin
Jaz1889

PostSubject: Re: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:42 am

you call dude!! if you was going to get one i would use it just as a family bus!! nothing else Razz just get an E21 and get it mega drifting style Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://diyperformance.forumotion.co.uk
boona575

boona575

PostSubject: Re: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 am

seen one am viewing it friday, 2000 reg, deep blue, m sport, full extended leather, 2.8 engine, electric everything really, looks nice. taking to next meet. track beast coming off of road for the following for next year

BBTB
M50 inlet manifold
M3 LSD
sound deadening removed
different steering wheel
new head light lens'
possibly polycarb windows
new rear dampers
e46 328i calipers
grooved and drilled discs
yellow stuff pads

oh and a full service. then its ready for next years track days starting in march and of course the ring

the 7 series will just be reliable limo style daily, its got mint wheels on just likely to do clear indicators, tints, panel k and n filter and possibily drop it 60mm.

thats it.

cant wait!!!
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:52 am

wheres the build thread boona? i like armchair driving Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
boona575

boona575

PostSubject: Re: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:56 am

only just got it,

wont look that special on standard rims, been stood ages under tree's so needs a clean, berry you would laugh at how cheap,

i reckon bloke though it fucked cos it wouldn't start but me and guy sorted it, drove it 200 mile back without a problem, i may keep it,

let me valet it properly then i will start a build thread, gunna document all work/repairs on it
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:02 am

Nice one mate, I always regret not getting photos of my projects before and after Neutral
Back to top Go down
boona575

boona575

PostSubject: Re: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:25 am

yes i know how you feel, never started any pics with the white one and look how different from standard now!

just a clean, wax etc and i will snap away.

i will even document on the build thread problems/repairs, hopefully give other forums a kind of DIY way of looking at stuff, anything from the service basics to more complex if it needs it.

should be a laugh and then if i keep it and mod i can see how it progress
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:43 am

Nice one matey, sounds good to me alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!   shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

shall i really be stupid and buy a 7 series?!!!!
Page 1 of 1