HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

a bitter disapointment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shrek
Admin

PostSubject: a bitter disapointment   Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Why is everything a battle, or a competition? DIY was setup as a chill out area, not to compete with other forums or groups, I'm always up for healthy competition, Hell that's why I built the astra, but when I find out that little projects like DIY are getting 'slagged of' by other groups,its disapointing that they don't understand what DIY is all about.
Why slag somthing of when u don't get what it is?
I hope that you guys and galls that read this are enjoying the site, if anyone's got any problems let myself or other members of the admin team know and we will do our best to sort it for you,

That's it nag over alien

Ps I'm quietly proud of this site and chuffed that there are so many good freands that have joined up and seem to be enjoying it, thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andymac

PostSubject: Re: a bitter disapointment   Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:11 am

shrek wrote:
Why is everything a battle, or a competition? DIY was setup as a chill out area, not to compete with other forums or groups, I'm always up for healthy competition, Hell that's why I built the astra, but when I find out that little projects like DIY are getting 'slagged of' by other groups,its disapointing that they don't understand what DIY is all about.
Why slag somthing of when u don't get what it is?
I hope that you guys and galls that read this are enjoying the site, if anyone's got any problems let myself or other members of the admin team know and we will do our best to sort it for you,

That's it nag over alien

Ps I'm quietly proud of this site and chuffed that there are so many good freands that have joined up and seem to be enjoying it, thanks

Sometimes people feel threatened and are worried another forum might take people from them, I'm a member of 4 forums and use them all regularly, it pays off cos people on one forum might know more of a specific problem than people from another so no reason to only use one, imo this site is great as its local and there isn't any of the hostility I usually notice on the other.....

It's in its early days and still has a long way to go before it gathers steam but it will take off, I think we all need to get our heads together and have a meet to get some recognition, I have a couple of promotional ideas that may help get DIY off the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt_PGT

PostSubject: Re: a bitter disapointment   Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:07 am

Am a member of this forum and another and I enjoy both but I really feel at home on the forum I feel that everyone respects everyone and there is no bad bickering between people and no one is out to be the best everyone is equal and understand how hard it is to build a car and some cars from scratch

I have tottal respect for everyone on this forum and so proud that everyone is keeping the car tuning alive

Keep up the good work everyone this forum is going great
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shrek
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a bitter disapointment   Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks guys, I must admit although I'm a member of the admin team here, I'm a member of another 6 or 7 forums, I've got no problems at all with that, I think its quite a good thing, more contacts and more infomation, makes it easyer to keep a motor running, find faults, source parts etc etc, just seems a bit silly to build up a rivelry, (i know I can't spell) ha ha,
Anyways, any ideas for promo are cool, I was speeking to jared yesterday and he's been designing some hoodies, shirts etc and should be putting info up shortly and asking ppl what design they like the most.

As for a meet, Hell yeah we need to sort somthing out, my apologise that I havnt done anything sooner, been v busy at work, and I do stupid shifts, so my spare time is spent sorting my motor, mates motors etc etc

So any ideas etc just stick em up in the ideas thread and we can see if there's anything we can do to help alien
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boona575

PostSubject: Re: a bitter disapointment   Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:53 am

same as all the above, having had 12 beemers now i am a member of almost all there forums, but this one is actually better, because all the members are kind off local, there's none of that, ah WTF that guys but 17's on his could get 20's on blah blah, or why put a big body kit on a car it looks daft.

AT THE END OF THE DAY OUR CARS ARE EXACTLY THAT, WHAT WE DO TO THEM IS OUR CHOICE, NOTHING WRONG WITH OPINIONS AS EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTES BUT AND THE KEY WORD IS RESPECT THAT.

this forums great, its just a place of like minded people bouncing ideas of each other and a place to get together a waste some fuel, enjoy it.

all them haters go take your face for a shit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andymac

PostSubject: Re: a bitter disapointment   Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:18 am

boona575 wrote:
same as all the above, having had 12 beemers now i am a member of almost all there forums, but this one is actually better, because all the members are kind off local, there's none of that, ah WTF that guys but 17's on his could get 20's on blah blah, or why put a big body kit on a car it looks daft.

AT THE END OF THE DAY OUR CARS ARE EXACTLY THAT, WHAT WE DO TO THEM IS OUR CHOICE, NOTHING WRONG WITH OPINIONS AS EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTES BUT AND THE KEY WORD IS RESPECT THAT.

this forums great, its just a place of like minded people bouncing ideas of each other and a place to get together a waste some fuel, enjoy it.

all them haters go take your face for a shit

Well said my friend, 100% agree with you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a bitter disapointment   

Back to top Go down

a bitter disapointment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1