DIY Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do It Yourself Performance Car Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FK AK Street Coilovers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
L_S_W

L_S_W

FK AK Street Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: FK AK Street Coilovers   FK AK Street Coilovers EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:20 am

Hey Guys, thinking of getting some coilover for the corsa but not sure if they'll be too low, the once ive seen are FK AK Street Coilovers from ebay. they say in the listing that they lower 30mm - 60mm Front
30mm - 60mm Rear... does this mean as soon as i put them on they will drop my car 30mm at the max hight? if so would 30mm be too low for a corsa with 17" alloys?
Thanks guys Smile
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

FK AK Street Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: FK AK Street Coilovers   FK AK Street Coilovers EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 am

without looking at you car i could not tell, the problem you will have is arch gap, or rather lack of it, when you lowwer the car you will be restricted by the angle at which the font wheels reach when turning ( theyll hit the inside of the font arches) however the rears may have the same problem, hitting on the wheel arch and shock tower etc,
but al this depends on ofset ( how far the wheel sticks out the arch) and the clearence remaining on the inside, but again i couldn't say without looking at the car whether they will work,
just a small point, if the car was running on 15's then yes, you could drop it 120mm ( think thats what big rob used to run on his)
you'll have to come to one of the next meets and we can have a chat, maybe even drop into morisons and speek to tank and the gang am sure theyd give you some hepfull tips etc alien
Back to top Go down

FK AK Street Coilovers
Page 1 of 1