DIY Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do It Yourself Performance Car Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

winter ice breaker cruise

Go down 
+5
Dani-EJ9 Girl :)
jowley
Trolling mctrollington
slackyboi
shrek
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shrek
Admin
shrek

winter ice breaker cruise Empty
PostSubject: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:10 pm

so whos up for a laph?
well from the facebook group it seems that there would be a ot of intrest in a monthly group meet/ cruise/ ice breaker thingy, well lets do it, theres no real restrictions, so all we need is a location and a time that best suits people,
so far sugestions such as
- meeting at race spec
- three merry lads

the race spec meet could be special, if we could generate the intrest, flyers, web prommo etc i'm sure gav would open up the yard and his shop so that we could park up in his yard and use the street outside, plus if we could garentee the trade, i'm sure the cafe next door to gavs place would open up, so we could even have fascilities on site ....... just a thought

and as for the three merry lads pub, its got a good size car park and its out the way, so police intrest is minimal, however, for a few people it is a long way out to travel, but could still work quite well, the pub serves food and the drinks are a respectable price, (not cheep but not extortionet)

any how any comments and or thoughts will be usfull, remember this can onlyhappen if theres enough intrest, what ever you guys fancy, we can try and arange.

alien
Back to top Go down
slackyboi

slackyboi

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 pm

The idea of a pub is nice, BUT, i feel everyone goes strait inside and there is no car snooping etc, dont really get to look at the other cars!

I think the Racespec idea is a good one!

If all else fails we could just do the usual car park meet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slacky-boi/
Trolling mctrollington

Trolling mctrollington

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 pm

Fuck the three merry lads its to far for everyone.
Back to top Go down
jowley

jowley

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:18 am

im up for the monthly meet cant see the group on facebook tho
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:03 pm

I cant add you of my phone, if no ones done it by to night I'll add ya matey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:54 pm

I can't wait to sort a meet out with DIY
it's been far to long! not fussed where it is
but let's deffo do it Smile
Back to top Go down
nick94

nick94

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Is this the three merry lads at cutthorpe?
Back to top Go down
Trolling mctrollington

Trolling mctrollington

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:16 am

Nah the one in lodge moor Sheffield.
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 pm

somone needs to remind me to sort this out, other wise i'll just keep forgetin pale
Back to top Go down
nick94

nick94

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:18 am

thats fine its not to far out the way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:00 am

Right, let's get the ball rolling, I'll go and see gav 2mora and see what we cam arange, but....... Let's do it as a group, Mr slack and Mr Mexican are you guys ok doin photos?
Promotion, steff ( and anyone else with artistic flair) get some Flyer designs mocked up and we can start to spread the word through simple pictures on fb etc,
We might need to act as marshals, so I could do with a list of ppl that don't mind helping organise parking etc, maybe even don some yellow jackets?

Any other ideas get em down,
Finally a date, what about Thursday the 28th of march, is there anything else happening then? At say 730 at race SPEC? But I'll confirm this with gav 2mora
Back to top Go down
stephfanny93

stephfanny93

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:30 am

Definately:) i'll get on flyering tomorro & stick ideas up
Back to top Go down
slackyboi

slackyboi

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:31 am

im game
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slacky-boi/
Trolling mctrollington

Trolling mctrollington

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 am

I'm game if I'm not working.
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:54 am

Sound, kall you've got 2weeks to rig it so your not working ;-)
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:56 am

Atm plan is to have this first meet as a meet and greet, then the folowing month we can get a show and shine etc, I can nock some throphys up that sort of thing, what ya rekon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 am

yayyyy the ice breaker meet! I can't wait.
I will help Steph do flyers and things tomorrow when
I finish work Smile) so that's sorted me and Steph onittt lol.
& definatly with your idea Shrek it sounds great!

Be nice to actually see DIY all together again!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Trolling mctrollington

Trolling mctrollington

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 am

I'm actually not going to win this show n shine thing. I don't clean the car.
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:52 pm

bit of a ball drop, gav closes early on a friday and he was shut as i got there about 2mins ago, any how, i'll try to call in on monday and have a chat with him about the meet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nick94

nick94

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 2:40 am

Awesome, I have the time off from work
Back to top Go down
Race_Spec_Performance

Race_Spec_Performance

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:24 am

I've had a word with the other two units in the compound and they don't have a problem with me opening the yard up but they did have a couple of worries, nip down shrek when you get chance and we can have a chat about it and get things sorted.
An idea of numbers would be good aswell I had a quick look and I reckon with good parking we could get around 40 cars in the compound it's self at a max.
Also I had a chat with the butty shop about opening I think if its going to be a monthy meet then we would see how the first few go and then if the numbers were right they would consider it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.racespecperformance.com
boona575

boona575

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:27 am

Al go if I'm in country, u know with my mad job. Berry see if we can sort a rolling road out,
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:40 am

all go for this now, thanks again gav for letting us all use your yard, realy greatfull, cheers matey alien
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:34 am

little heads up, for the meet, we could do with a few volenteers to come down early and help setup the yard and hang around at the end just to make sure there no rubbish left kiking around afterwards, after all its a private yard that were borrowing, hope thats cool, cheers dudes Wink

oh and we will have hot drinks on site, aswell as gav is being good enough to open up the shop, and matt will be taking a sticker stand down for anyone that wants stickers, .... and our residant photographers will be on site doing the rounds, so give em a shout if you want some fancy shots doing, good time to get some sweet shots for build threads etc cheers
Back to top Go down
stephfanny93

stephfanny93

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:00 am

Ooohhhhh thats so bloody exciting:)))))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: winter ice breaker cruise   winter ice breaker cruise Empty

Back to top Go down

winter ice breaker cruise
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next