DIY Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do It Yourself Performance Car Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kept this forum quiet lads!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
R 6UY S

R 6UY S

Kept this forum quiet lads! Empty
PostSubject: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Had to find it on my own. Lol!
Anyway i just thought i'd say hi to everyone.
How long has this been up and running?

Guy
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Ey up matey, long time no see, I didn't think to tell ya mate, glad you've joined us, we've only been up and running about 4months and were not trying to ne bigger than any one else, just another way to stay in contact rather than putting stuff on face book and getting loads of random comments etc, any way, hope u enjoy the forum matey, and get a build thread up for the tvr, have u still got that nice an wide puma? Did it ever get finished?
Back to top Go down
R 6UY S

R 6UY S

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Yeah it's been a while mate.
Good idea with regards to the forum.
TVR is in bits again at the moment as i am re designing the whole pulley system on it. The previous design was very poor and was executed very poorly also! (you wouldn't believe how bad unless i showed it you!)
Anyway i've bought a huge 250Amp alternator that i've moved to the battery side of the engine to keep the cable run short. Just got an Audi S4 deflector pulley that i need to make a stainless steel spacer for. Also got a billet anodized alloy tentioner pulley that i ordered from the states. Just need to machine the mounting bracket for the alternator now also and maybe get it anodized and then were back in bisiness. :-)
I put the biggest battery you've ever seen on the MK3 Golf Anni at the weekend. It's insane (comical to look at almost) and spins it over really well! So i'm also looking at how i can fit one on the TVR at the moment. Although it is looking impossible right now.
Still got the Puma and no it never got finished. As soon as i syop spending insane amounts of money on the TVR i'm back on with the Puma! But i do think it needs to be some really special horsepoer once it's done! :-)

Guy
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Nice one mate, you'll have to stick some photos up, and if u need some machining doing have a word with boona
Back to top Go down
R 6UY S

R 6UY S

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 pm

I'll get some pix up when i get a chance mate. Car sounds EPIC with the new exhaust. I am 100% happy with that and the new colour/colours.
Still lots of parts i need to improve on.
Work in engineering so i'm good for the machining but i did notice his post about the wheel refurbing. :-) Got some BBS Split Rim RXII's for the Anni that need doing.....
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Nice, he should be able to sort summet for ya Surprised
Back to top Go down
boona575

boona575

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:53 pm

guy my old buddy old pal, welcome to the forum you also have by far the fastest motor on here. get it finished mate, when i went in it last when standard it put a hole in my kidney, i can only imagine how quick it is now!

i can re-furb your rims at cost. i have a access to a bead blaster, mirror polisher and anything else for wheels really.

Back to top Go down
boona575

boona575

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:31 am

after going in the TVR today it is hands down the fastest car on the planet!!! no seriously it sucks kids in the intake and the exhaust blows tree's down.

the power in ANY gear is what most people only dream off and when its got traction it actually defies physics!!!

good work lad, am sure the lads/lassess would be privilaged to have you at the next meet. its stunning as it is fast.

got the pics to put up when your ready just let me know. nice seeing you mate.
Back to top Go down
boona575

boona575

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:33 am

forget to mention for those who dont know its 610BHP at the flywheel and 470BHP at the rear wheels, thats 513 BHP/ton on a car that weighs 1200kg.

a buggati veyron is 501 BHP/TON.

DO THE MATHS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:53 am

boona575 wrote:
forget to mention for those who dont know its 610BHP at the flywheel and 470BHP at the rear wheels, thats 513 BHP/ton on a car that weighs 1200kg.

a buggati veyron is 501 BHP/TON.

DO THE MATHS!!!!!

this was a stunning sight to see outside my house, gourges car, and a soundtrack to die for, fantastic car guy, quality work and monster power, i wunder if i can stick an sd1v8 in a calibra, maybe an omega, summet big lol
hopfully see you at the next meet mate, good to see you again alien
Back to top Go down
boona575

boona575

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:53 pm

berry stick a 4.0 V8 out of a 1992 7 series into a 1989 316i e30 coupe for the same price, its been done!! you get the engine for £400, 300BHP and 300 FT/LB as STANDARD, t. all you need is big balls and some skills. apparantly its another DONT drive in the wet car. the e30 316i weighs 1070kg standard, strip that and engine n box its 700kg, put the V8 in and its still under a ton.
proper cheap brute.

oh and if your stupid then that particular v8 has no worries handling 2 turbo's on lowish boost, just the cooling that needs to be taken care of.

and if youve got a little more money then they did do a 750li. that bastard is V12, here what someone did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmjlPUHZYEI&feature=related
Back to top Go down
slackyboi

slackyboi

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 pm

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to get some pictures of this beast man!

Will get something sorted out soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slacky-boi/
slackyboi

slackyboi

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Just a thought!

you can get cars in front of the main foyer of stanley tools........

get all sentimental up in here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slacky-boi/
R 6UY S

R 6UY S

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:59 am

slackyboi wrote:
Just a thought!

you can get cars in front of the main foyer of stanley tools........

get all sentimental up in here!

That would be great! This needs to happen......... As soon as i've fixed it. Lol!
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kept this forum quiet lads!   Kept this forum quiet lads! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kept this forum quiet lads!
Page 1 of 1