DIY Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do It Yourself Performance Car Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

schassi improvment work?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shrek
Admin
shrek

schassi improvment work? Empty
PostSubject: schassi improvment work?   schassi improvment work? EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 pm

any one got any realy smart ideas on how to stiffen up the schassi on my mk3 astra?
its all ready got strut braces front and rear, and lowwered 60mm, with budget up rated shocks, (brand new front arms as well)
was thinking maybe diffrent profile tyres to get rid of some body roll but will stuff like a front lowwer strutbace make a diffrence?

any ideas apretiated, cheers
alien
Back to top Go down
Andymac

Andymac

PostSubject: Re: schassi improvment work?   schassi improvment work? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:26 am

an uneducated answer (being that I'm no expert or mechanic) but would altering the camber combat body roll? Shorten the drop links? Lowered 60mm should have got rid of all the body roll but obv not lol, is it running uprated shocks or have u just stuck lowering springs on the original shocks cos that may be the problem.

Couple of ideas there to get u thinkin lol

or just tell me to shut up if I'm talkin shit haha
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: schassi improvment work?   schassi improvment work? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 pm

sounds about rate, i rekon my shocks must be boloxed if im honest, but im strugeling to find any for it atm,
i need to get the bigger brakes fitted, its loody scary atm Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
steve's nova 3.0

steve's nova 3.0

PostSubject: Re: schassi improvment work?   schassi improvment work? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:39 am

What about poly bushes , uprated engine mounts and like you say some wider front tyres may help is there not a plating kit on the market for yours??
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: schassi improvment work?   schassi improvment work? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:59 am

Not realy a plating kit per say, it seems to be the trend to seem weld it all up, think that she deserves a little more work, and yeah I'm gonna get poly bush kit, but its gona be around 200, I rekon we Defo need a pipe bender, the shell needs stifening up, and I'm drsprate to sort shoks and these shonkey tyres and wheels am running atm are terable was thking about looking into cross bracing and doing a bit of maths to work out best place to strengthen up, maybe even take engine out again and seem weld the engine bay?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: schassi improvment work?   schassi improvment work? Empty

Back to top Go down

schassi improvment work?
Page 1 of 1