DIY Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do It Yourself Performance Car Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

stupid astra

Go down 
+6
shakeyjakegsi
boona575
Mexican
tank2023
Jaz1889
shrek
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
boona575

boona575

stupid astra - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:45 am

ok be down in an hour, then later guys talking about going to matlock. if you wanna come?
Back to top Go down
shakeyjakegsi

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 pm

alright i was the lad talking to u at santa pod regarding your conversion. could u try and source where you got your head gasket from that would be a massive help as im getting sick of mine blowing up now. i will put a build thread on when i get chance and give yous all a look at my 2.0 8v turbo corsa. tbh i know that standalone management is obviously the way forward for these engines but atm i just cant afford it. also are you just running a narrowband lambda? cheers callum
Back to top Go down
Matt_PGT

Matt_PGT

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 am

Did someone say somthing about a rolling road ?

stupid astra - Page 3 424CED23-883E-402C-AAD0-92327D14F663-3457-000002D4EA8F5AAC

stupid astra - Page 3 6A9605B1-0415-4C09-B258-25C85C82BEEF-3457-000002D4E5031C3D
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Bit of an update, after pods problems, ripped the head of and found n.o2 cylinder had popped gasket, so had the head reworked, knife edged, gas flowed with a pressure test and new stem seals, any way, rebuild with a new v6 radiator, in doing so had to cut of the bonnet catch to make it all fit, so now running bonnet pins, however, after testing and running to mfn, the head blew again, this time on n.o 3 cylinder, so at least I know its a generic fault and not just a damaged head or ought, so now for rebuild n.o 3, this time its gona get low boost to bed in and some Polly bushes, and bigger brakes and bigger wheels, and I've got to do all this for sat, ready for the Donney cruise (and I've had a little idea for the body work aswell)
I've finished rebuilding the head but I'm not convinced the water pump is up the scratch, I've allso given a spare hg to stigy (hes a wiz with cadcam) and he's gona make up a drawing for me so that o can get metal hg made up and (hopfully) run mega boost but that'll be for pod next year (targit power 310bhp) but that'll need a standalone ecu,
Oh well
alien
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 am

Quik update, running low boost so nice and steady atm, rebuilt the water mattrix and heaters, allso lifted the drivers seat an inch or so, still traking down shocks, should have some by next week alien
Back to top Go down
tank2023

tank2023

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 am

Thought i get your build thread moving again lol
stupid astra - Page 3 Take_Off_Plate_Side_Ports_4
Just found this to fit your astra mate, not super cheap but it is mocal aviation grade and it does move the hoses out of harms way
Links here:
http://www.burtonpower.com/takeoff-plate-m18-2x1-2-bsp-side-ports-moctopo1d.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=gb_feed?WbRf=GBase
Let me know if its any good
Back to top Go down
tank2023

tank2023

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 am

stupid astra - Page 3 DSC_1013
Slight issue of turbo to radiator impact

stupid astra - Page 3 DSC_1014
New biggest possible radiator

Thought id help your build thread along pal
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:27 pm

Ha ha, cheers mate, I realy should take more photos of doris when I'm building her, right ...... Over Xmas she's had new shocks all round, modified front springs and short travel rear shocks, she drives amazingly well, handels like a dream, however, allso fitted Polly bush engine mounts, which moved the engine forwards slightly, means that gearbox changes mint between gears, however, the engine moved forward and landed the turbo into the rad, cutting a 3inch slit ......... Bugger, any how, onto rad n.o. 5, this is from an astra mk4 gsi, there is about half an inch between the rad and the schassi legs, so this realy is the biggest that can possibly fit .......... Unless I start to space frame her, LOL alien
Back to top Go down
Mexican

Mexican

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Shrek thats HUUUUUUGE !!!! Sorry I couldn't stay, Girlfriend wanted me in =[ ...

You doing any work on her today ?
Back to top Go down
Trolling mctrollington

Trolling mctrollington

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 am

Mexican wrote:
Shrek thats HUUUUUUGE !!!! Sorry I couldn't stay, Girlfriend wanted me in =[ ...

wish I had a girlfriend that wanted me in all the time.. if you know what I mean.. aaathankyow
Back to top Go down
Mexican

Mexican

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:10 am

K-Beezy wrote:
Mexican wrote:

wish I had a girlfriend that wanted me in all the time.. if you know what I mean.. aaathankyow

hahaha ! been wi lass 2 years so under thumb , but I love her Smile ... Anyways this forums about cars not girlfriends ! lol
Back to top Go down
slackyboi

slackyboi

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:33 pm

iv drawn this up for ya pal! (not dimensioned up yet)

stupid astra - Page 3 Picture1-2_zps605d4b12

But not 100% on the dimensions yet as the gasket you have given is not flat and a bit scewed etc!
Any chance on getting some measurements from the actual head one night?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slacky-boi/
slackyboi

slackyboi

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Also, are you getting it made at somewhere that can use Autocad files?

As demensioning the beast is a bit messy and confusing (only half dimensioned so far!)

stupid astra - Page 3 Picture1-2_zpsd44762e2
Back to top Go down
Mexican

Mexican

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Some work we did on Astra beast

stupid astra - Page 3 Img_0019

Shrek did some welding on his exhaust and I got to hold the light Razz

stupid astra - Page 3 Img_0020

Shit loads on ! just to make sure !

stupid astra - Page 3 Img_0021

I took the standard speaker ( Tweeter ) ? off from front side

stupid astra - Page 3 Img_0022

Shrek put on an aftermarket one , looks and sounds mint !

stupid astra - Page 3 Img_0023

We then went to have a play to chesterfield and back ... and let me tell you , this car is FUCKING quick !!!
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:17 am

thanks mexican, photoslook mint, and chriss, im not sure yet, im gona start asking a few machine shops for prices once i have the programme in my hands, it might just be a dream, might want to much to do a job like this? dunno without asking though
Back to top Go down
slackyboi

slackyboi

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:23 am

shrek wrote:
thanks mexican, photoslook mint, and chriss, im not sure yet, im gona start asking a few machine shops for prices once i have the programme in my hands, it might just be a dream, might want to much to do a job like this? dunno without asking though

Cool man! ill leave it as it is for now then! cant imagine it would be stupid money, its just a case of finding someone with a cnc machine, i can get some contacts if you dont get very far!
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 am

rather eventful weekend, managed to pick up a few toys for doris, and i'm still bidding on some more on ebay, but ...... shes poorly again, having another over heating problem, found that the rad is cracked (bugger) and the exhaust down pipe ejected itself, quite funny realy, problem was that we were closer to london than sheffield when it happend Sad but still,
managed to come up with a diy bodge, case of tie wraps, and old spanner and an exhaust clamp holding the down pipe together enough that the lamba sensor could get some sort of reading Shocked any way it worked and we got home, thanks to tank for being a rather good co-pilot/ counseler, as i was nearly gona rip the guys head of for one of the parts i bought, an how, should get her repaired this week and hopfully have a few toys fitted, i'll stick photos up when we start to build her again and see if you can geuss which are the new parts Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:02 am

just so ya know, i found this, been built in germany, and i frikin love it, propper insparation for doris, made me kick start work on body parts and majour schassi mods Very Happy

stupid astra - Page 3 Stt-franz-josef_fischerastra_zps5468637a
Back to top Go down
tank2023

tank2023

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:41 am

stupid astra - Page 3 DSC_1061
Roll cage modifications

stupid astra - Page 3 DSC_1064
Shreks new in car neon lol more cage mods Razz

More work needed
Back to top Go down
Trolling mctrollington

Trolling mctrollington

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:19 pm

Ooo very cool.. I hope you don't put it to fully use. If you get where I'm going with this.
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:07 pm

ha ha, cheers for photos tank, i didnt know you took them lol, and yeah, kall, its more to stiffen the schassi and lowwer the centre of gravity, oh, and weve took the sun roof out and plated it alien
Back to top Go down
Trolling mctrollington

Trolling mctrollington

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:56 pm

It looks super cool though. When the snow has cleared ill pop round.
Back to top Go down
Mexican

Mexican

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:05 am

stupid astra - Page 3 Img_0110

stupid astra - Page 3 Img_0111

Cage !
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 am

Mint, cheers for them mexican Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:38 pm

bit of an up date, new rear spoiler, new front bumper and splitter all fitted, went to go out for a play last week and the fuel pressure gauge basically explodded letting 70 plus psi fuel spray all over the engne....... bit dodgey, any way thanks to a few team diy bodge it ideas, managed to get her home to do a propper bodge using liquid metal to create a blanker for the fpr, any ways shes running rather well, but only at 7 psi boost, ive managed to get hold of a vernier pully, just need the spacer plate now and we should be into the 300bhp mark Very Happy (once i get another fuel pressure gauge to check the fueling on the new setup) yay ....usc usc usc Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stupid astra   stupid astra - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

stupid astra
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next