DIY Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do It Yourself Performance Car Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy_K

Andy_K

Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi! Empty
PostSubject: Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi!   Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:17 am

Hello, SlackyBoi (aka Chris) mentioned earlier about this forum and suggested I join up.

My name is Andy. I recently picked up a Mondeo ST TDCi in black to run about in. Few plans for it, including exhaust, lowering, bigger front mount and a remap, but first it needs a good polish to remove all the swirls the previous owner left in the paint, and to refurb the wheels to get rid of some lovely kerbing.

I also own a saxo vts which has turned into a bit of a long term project to eventually provide a bit of weekend fun. Its currently pretty much a bare shell after being resprayed, just sitting waiting for rebuilding over winter (hopefully). The engines been rebuilt ready to drop in, complete with a Rotrex supercharger conversion on it. Hopeing to have it built and ready to use next year. The ST will have to do for now!

Back to top Go down
shrek
Admin
shrek

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi!   Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:15 am

welcome along matey, i once owned a 106 gti, didnt last long, not a majour fan but i've allways wundered how theyd be with descent power, supercharger? hell yeah that sounds awsome, would love to see this in the flesh- long term project? i know that feeling oh to well lol
any ways, welcome, hope you enjoy the forum and hope to see you at some of the up comming meets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ginger-prince

Ginger-prince

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi!   Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:40 am

Welcome pal. The vts project sounds good would love too see it once its done
Back to top Go down
slackyboi

slackyboi

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi!   Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Morning Andy! good to see you joined! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slacky-boi/
Andy_K

Andy_K

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi!   Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:33 pm

shrek wrote:
welcome along matey, i once owned a 106 gti, didnt last long, not a majour fan but i've allways wundered how theyd be with descent power, supercharger? hell yeah that sounds awsome, would love to see this in the flesh- long term project? i know that feeling oh to well lol
any ways, welcome, hope you enjoy the forum and hope to see you at some of the up comming meets Very Happy

Think you either love or hate the french tins. Good for what they are, but there are much comfier cars out there, although most are not so much fun imo! With good power, suspension and brakes though, they are awesome. Mine was awesome fun with the charger on for the short time i had it on the road. Looking forwards to getting it back out.

Ginger-prince wrote:
Welcome pal. The vts project sounds good would love too see it once its done

Thanks. Might have a bit of a wait, its taken a coupl eof years up to now!

slackyboi wrote:
Morning Andy! good to see you joined! Very Happy

Ey up Chris! Yep, signed up. Looking forward to Thursday evening!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi!   Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi! Empty

Back to top Go down

Another newbie thanks to SlackyBoi!
Page 1 of 1